Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Part II: 'TEAS' Your Food: Tea + Seasonings = Tea-sonings


As I mentioned last week, one of the most creative and fun way to use all the tea in your pantry is to cook with it. In my opinion, the easiest way to get started cooking with tea is to make a Tea-soning. Last week I posted my famous Boulder Blues Tea-soning and this week I am posting another one of my favorite Tea-soning...

I created this Tea-soning specifically to season and sear salmon. The MATE LIMON CHA Tea-soning has very few ingredients, making it easy to make. You don't have to add many other ingredients when using a tea with great depth and various flavors, like our MATE LIMON CHAI.

Ingredients: MATE LIMON CHAI Tea-soning

Yields ~ 8 TBS

·  3 TBS MATE LIMON CHAI, finely grounded

·  2 TBS Salt

·  1 TBS Sugar

·  1 tsp pepper

·  1- 2 tsp cayenne pepper

Hand blend the above ingredients and store your Tea-sonings in a metal or glass container, away from light & moisture, until you are ready to use it.

Next week, my favorite recipe with this Tea-soning...

No comments: