Not a big fan of Minute to Win it, but fantical about the Next Food Network Star, Triple D and Big Bite...What do they all have in common??? One of my idols, Guy Fieri. A really cool guy that just launched his own BBQ Sauce and Salsa line at the Fancy Foods Show last month. Below is a little tea twist on Guy's Salsa Verde.
Tea Twisted Guy's Salsa Verde:
• 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
• 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon capers
• 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
• 2 tablespoons chopped jarred roasted red bell pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• *¼ cup Green Tea Concentrate
o To Makte Tea Concentrate: Steep 1 tablespoon of Green Tea in 175 degree water for 3 min. Strain tea leaves & let cool for 3 min.
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a food processor, puree all ingredients but oil and salt until smooth. With machine running, slowly add oil until well combined. Season with salt, to taste.
Serve it with chips, ladle it over grilled chicken or salmon, or try is as a dipping sauce. You might want to double the recipe so you have extra on hand.
*Tea Spot's Chef Tea Twist
Yield: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy